Sunday, June 27, 2010

Drew is PT-ed

So after about 2 months of almost ZERO poop in diapers (yes, he pooped only on the potty) and telling grandpa that he needed to go potty at his house, we decided Drew was ready for full potty training mode.
I started this Monday (a week ago) by putting him in underwear and telling him that we want to keep our underwear dry. He had a few accidents on Monday but all of them he caught before he was finished and told me "POTTY, MOMMY!". If we had a toilet in the basement, I am almost positive he would have been accident-free, but we can only run so fast up the stairs to the toilet. ha ha. He did REALLY well throughout the week with just a small handful of accidents. Probably the funniest occurrence was that he was having trouble distinguishing between needing to poop and needing to fart. There were a few times we went to the potty and all he did was fart. I had to hold back the laughter, especially after he says "Toot, Mommy. Excuse me".

So it is now a week later and I am hoping I am not jinxing myself, but I think I can officially say that Drew Steven Edwards IS potty trained and it was actually pretty easy because I think he really was ready... maybe he can convince his brother to follow his lead within the next month or so (?). :)

No comments: