Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Words Words Words

The boys are really saying A LOT of words nowadays. And for many of their words, they either know the real sign for it as well... or their own version of the sign. This makes our job much easier to figure out what they are saying. They are also mastering animal noises thanks to our animal books and MANY little people toys with animals. We have both the zoo and the farm, so we spend a big part of our day imitating the noises coming from those toys.
For some odd reason, they both scream and point up to the sky for the word "plane"... not sure why except that we are so close the airport.
Here is a video of Jake making his elephant noise and Drew doing his plan scream.



We also finally found some flip flops for the boys to wear. They need to wear wide-width size and there is no such thing as wide-width flip flops (I have searched EVERYWHERE) but I finally found some big enough for their chunky feet. I am happy to report that they even like to wear them. I was afraid the piece between their toes would really bother them, but lucky for us, they like them just fine. Now their feet don't get so hot in all the other sandals we have bought for them. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi,I live in Califonia and I am Grammie to a darling set of twin boys named Jake and Drew. I am not sure if my daughter in law ever emailed you. We saw your boys on the blog right after they were born and have been watching them grow just like ours. Yours were born I believe just after ours. Our twins were born Oct 1&2nd 2007. Ours are blonde also and look similar. Our Pastor at our church grew up in the area you live and have very fond memories of the area. We send a very happy 2 year old birthday wish for your boys!! Jan Sarina